This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WorryFreeMessFree #CollectiveBiasI’m sure if you asked anyone in my immediate family, they would likely describe me as somewhat of a neat freak. (I used to clean my sister’s bedroom for fun when I was younger!). When we first got Riggins we thought we would be the type of pet parents who would keep the dog off the furniture and the house spotless. That lasted about a month and then Riggins learned how to jump on the couch and it was game over. How could we resist puppy cuddles on the couch while we relaxed at night? I’ve since come to find a secret weapon for keeping a pet friendly, clean and happy home. Today I’m sharing that secret with you, plus more tips for keeping a clean home so you can stop worrying and start living. (Lucky you, right?!)
- I use Scotchgard™ Fabric & Upholstery Protector on our couch and pillows to keep them looking their best, even with a 45-pound dog napping on them daily. Scotchgard Fabric Protector repels liquids and block stains, doesn’t change the look, feel or breathability of fabrics and has invisible protection so our couch and pillows look fresh and new.
- In addition to Scotchgard Fabric Protector, I also use fabric freshener weekly on the couch.
- I sweep and vacuum about every other day or so (Riggins sheds a lot!). I recently purchased a rubber broom made specifically for pet hair and it’s amazing. I never knew I could get so excited about a broom, but this one is legit!
- Now that the weather is nice(ish) I keep the windows open as much as possible to get fresh air cycling through. I never want to have a house that smells like a dog, and I asked one of my close friends shortly after getting a dog to tell us if it ever comes to that. Keeping the windows open keeps the dog smell away, plus I just love having a nice breeze blow through the house.
- Did I mention Riggins sheds a lot? I lint roll the couch and pillows, plus myself nearly every day so a good lint roll is essential as well. Luckily I can pick up a lint roll, along with my other cleaning supplies at Target.
- Tidy up every night. Even when we’re both exhausted, Brett and I make an offer to clean up the kitchen and living room every night before bed. All dishes are put away, the table is cleaned off, the blankets get folded and the pillows arranged on the couch. It only takes a few extra minutes and I can’t tell you how nice it feels to come downstairs to a clean house every morning.
Scotchgard Fabric Protector is available in the Household Cleaning aisle at Target and right now you can save a $1 off Scotchgard Fabric Protector when you print this coupon!