An Eventful Life’s Month of Giveaways continues today with a very special giveaway from a talented lady I’ve been lucky enough to get to know over the past few months. Kit Graham, the blogger behind The Kittchen, has recently published her very own cookbook all about the classic American comfort food – the grilled cheese – but with a creative twist. There is something for everyone in this book. In to sweet & savory? Try the Hanna, prosciutto, gorgonzola, mozzarella, and honey roasted walnuts. Like your grilled cheese on the extra decadent side? Try the Lobster. Filled with you guessed it – poached lobster and white wine. Lately I’ve been wanting to add a little heat to pretty much everything I cook so my personal favorite is the Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese. Kit has been kind enough to share this recipe with you all, plus we’re giving away one copy of her books!
Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese
– Once the peppers have cooled, use a knife to scrape out the seeds and membranes. Loosely chop.
– Spread 1 teaspoon of butter on one side of each slice of bread.
– Place the slices of bread on a work surface, buttered side facing down. Spread 1 tablespoon of cream cheese on each slice of bread.
– Top with the second slices of bread, buttered side facing out.
– Place sandwiches in a large skillet over medium heat. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown. Then flip and brown the second sides of the sandwiches