This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MadeWithTheMasters #HeinzBBQ #CollectiveBias
With Memorial Day right around the corner and 4th of July not too far behind, I am getting excited for BBQ and grilling season. In the summer we use our smoker all the time to make smoked chicken, ribs, pork etc. It’s still too cold to be hosting any outdoor BBQs or even smoking outside, but because Brett and I were both craving the sweet and smoky BBQ flavor the other night, we invited Monica over for a little indoor BBQ dinner party.
Brett is not a fan of oven-baked ribs, so we opted for pulled pork in the crock pot. Pulled pork could not be more easy to make. This recipe is great for a crowd because it makes a ton for a relatively low cost and can be made ahead of time so you can enjoy the party. I set up a little sandwich station with the pulled pork, coleslaw, pickles and a variety of sauces so we could all assemble our own sandwiches. For this dinner I used 100% Natural Heinz BBQ sauces – Carolina Vinegar Style Tangy Sauce and Classic Sweet & Thick sauce.
Real Carolina barbecue is all about the deep-rooted traditions of whole-hog barbecue slow cooked over wood coals. Heinz teamed up with Sam Jones, of the legendary Skylight Inn BBQ in Ayden, North Carolina, to craft Heinz Carolina Vinegar Style BBQ Sauce, a true Carolina style sauce that blends the distinctive tang of apple cider vinegar with just the right bit of sweet and spice to make it the perfect addition to your favorite pulled pork.
Now can the weather warm up so we can BBQ outside?!?
- 1 large pork butt
- 1/4 cup BBQ rub
- 4 cups orange or apple juice
- 4 cups water
- Hamburger Buns
- Dill Pickles
- 1 cup Heinz Carolina Vinegar Style BBQ sauce + more for sandwiches
- Heinz Classic Sweet & Thick sauce
- Place pork butt in crock pot and season generously with BBQ rub
- Dilute juice with water and pour over pork butt
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, until pork shreds easily
- Once finished, shred pork in the crock pot and pour over 1 cup of Heinz Carolina Vinegar Style BBQ sauce and mix well
- Assemble sandwiches and top with pickles, coleslaw and additional sauce
Check out other Heinz BBQ Sauce recipes here!
Photos by Monica Modzelewski