One of the most exciting things in life is seeing your close friends and family become parents. To celebrate all the new moms in my life, I wanted to do something special for them this Mother’s Day. I decided on making mini flower bouquets using seasonal flowers, tissue paper, decorative paper and twine. I also made tags to tie to the outside of each bouquet. This project was very simple and took less than an hour to make, but was just what was needed to put a smile on my (sleep deprived!) new mom friends!
- At least two different types of flowers (I used spray roses and baby’s breath)
- Tissue Paper (cut into 8×8 pieces)
- Decorative Paper (cut into 8×8 pieces)
- Twine or ribbon
- Gift Tags (optional)
- Bunch a few flowers, at least one stem of each, together and trim them to desired length. Each stem here is about six inches long.
- Using a square of tissue paper, place the bunch at one corner of the paper.
- Wrap the left side of the paper over to the opposite side, then fold the bottom corner up to the middle of the stem. Fold the right side over the top.
- Repeat with the decorative paper, but wrap a little lower so the tissue paper sticks out.
- Wrap the twine a few times around the bunch then add the gift tag and tie in a bow.
Don’t you think these would make great bridal shower or baby shower favors? I can also see them as place settings for a Spring brunch!