Can you believe Thanksgiving is a week away? We’re hosting my family for the first time this year and I’m looking forward to having everyone in our home. I’m also looking forward to spending a holiday in Chicago. We’re always traveling for the holidays, so it will be a nice change of pace to stay in the city. Looking back on this past year, we have so much to be thankful for. I wanted to take today to reflect on some of the biggest things I’m thankful for.
- Science and Medicine. I never thought that this would be something I would be thankful for, but after going through fertility treatments earlier this year, I’m so thankful for the advancements in science and medicine that have made it possible for us to become parents. This time last year we had no idea what was ahead of us, but now we’re just a couple weeks away from meeting our little girl.
- Friends and Family. This may be cliche, but I really am so thankful for our friends and family. With everything we’ve gone through this past year, it’s been so comforting knowing that we have the support of our family and friends.
- Riggins. I know my crazy dog lady is showing, but this little guy is really just the best. This time last year he was still getting used to his new life so his true personality hadn’t come out yet. Now he is the most lovable little guy and I can’t get enough of his hugs, kisses and puppy snuggles!
- Chicago. I seriously love this city. I never pictured myself raising, or at least starting to raise children in a big city, but I’m so excited to give our child this experience. Sure, living in a city comes with its challenges, but the advantages (amazing restaurants, farmers markets, being able to walk to everything, the list goes on and on!) far outweigh those challenges.
- The opportunity to travel. In the past year we’ve traveled to Bermuda, Philadelphia (twice), New York a few times, Texas, St. Louis and Cincinnati. With a baby I know travel won’t be out of the picture, but it definitely won’t be as easy. I’m so grateful for the trips Brett and I have been able to take together, but I’m also excited to share in the adventures with our little girl.